I have been contacted by a number of constituents concerning the increased amount of dog poo on the streets of High Lane and Marple. Whilst the primary responsibility is with irresponsible dog owners, I am constantly pushing the Council to do more. Please sign the petition to show your support.
Many thanks to the hundreds who turned up to the public meeting I organised in High Lane to discuss the latest draft of the GMSF. I hope it was useful for you all.
Thanks to Will Wragg MP, the High Lane Village Neighbourhood Forum and Save Stockports Greenbelt for accepting the invitation to share the platform.
Special thanks to Save Stockport Greenbelt and members of the Village Hall Committee, who helped with all of the set up and organisation of the meeting.
It was a very positive meeting with many good questions. As mentioned at the meeting, I am preparing a Points to Consider leaflet for people to look at when responding to the consultation. Main points -
1. People power has already had a significant impact on the proposals, so people should be heartened by that.
2. Everyone needs to respond to the consultation with their thoughts on the proposals and providing any alternative or better ideas.
3. Main points against the current proposal -
a. Proportionality - number proposed is out of proportion with the rest of the Village.
b. Air pollution
c. Traffic congestion
d. Overall GMSF numbers are still too high.
4. It should be remembered that it is a consultation and nothing has been finalised. There is another consultation after this one but together we need to make our voices heard. Good reasoned argument will hopefully win the day.
5. There will be a short item on the Agenda at the next Marple Area Committee meeting on 30th January 2019 at the Marple Senior Citizens Hall.
6. SMBC have organised a drop in session at High Lane Village Hall on 26th February from 3.30pm until 8pm.
Since the meeting I have chased up the meeting with Andy Burnham and hopefully this will be finalised soon. I have also asked Officers to support an Extraordinary Marple Area Committee to discuss only the GMSF, to be held in High Lane Village Hall but I am still awaiting confirmation as to whether this can happen or not. Rest assured, I will keep you updated.
Together, we can make our voices heard.
Assuming the GMSF is published in January as the GMCA has stated, I have organised a public meeting on this topic for the afternoon of 19th January 2019 at High Lane Village Hall. More details to follow soon.
A great night was had by all last night on the first of two tours by Santa around High Lane. I was happy to be one of his helpers last night. Just to see the smiles on the faces on the children and parents alike made it all worthwhile. A HUGE congratulations to the organisers and the volunteers.
The second tour takes place this evening and will tour around the Brookside Estate, starting at approx 5.30pm.
More info here at www.highlanesanta.co.uk
I am so excited to announce the first High Lane Great Christmas Get-Together, organised by myself and Jamie Beecham, will take place between 11.30am and 1pm on Christmas Day, in the High Lane Conservative Club. It is free to attend and open to anyone who would like some companionship on this special day or even just to share tea/coffee, a mince pie, stories and some festive cheer. Spread the word and we look forward to welcoming to you.